MCFN ELDERS CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
FIRST NATIONS PARTICIPATION IN THE
ELK HERD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM AT
CANADIAN FORCES BASE (CFB) SUFFIELD
Alberta Environment and Parks will be holding its annual Elk Herd Management Program for hunters and harvesters on the CFB Suffield Range Training Area from November 12, 2018 to 24 January, 2019. First Nations harvesters must submit their request to hunt and preregister with CFB Suffield prior to attending. Preregistration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The steps to be followed for preregistration are:
Preregister with CFB Suffield by email SUFEHRP@forces.gc.ca or call 403-544-5555 to request a form be sent to an email address. Email is the preferred method and will probably the quickest as the answering machine is only checked when able.
An email will be returned with the registration form.
If a week is all booked up already it will be reflected on all new registration forms being sent out.
Provide the following information on the form:
(1) desired season(s) and date(s) of participation based on the schedule below (multiple dates can be requested);
(2) prioritize your seasons requested from most desirable to least desirable according to preference.
Once a preregistration request has been received, CFB Suffield will confirm if your request was successful or not with the date(s) requested.
The EHMP seasons/weeks for 2018/19 are as follows:
(1) Season 1. November 12-15;
(2) Season 2. November 19-22;
(3) Season 3. November 26-29;
(4) Season 4. January 07-10;
(5) Season 6. January 14-17; and
(6) Season 7. January 21-24.